PROPORTIONAL CONTROL VALVE
- The suction control valve open/close valve operates in either fully open or fully closed position on compressor working at load / idling. The proportional control valve and open/close valve work not only at completely open or completely closed, but operates at different positions depending on the amount of air used. This allows the compressor to work more regularly. In proportional control valve operation, the compressor produces as must air as is consumed, and thus 10% energy savings are made.
- At times where the air consumption is very low or none, the compressor works at idle or automatic waiting mode just as in the load/idle working order.
- Energy save 15%-35%.
- We can summarize the working profile 100% at load, 40%-50% at unloaded for the compressors without frequency control.
- The power consumption is as required the system for the compressor with frequency control.
- There are always fluctations on the net pressure while working load/unload system. We can supply stable pressure with frequency control.
- We can save 10%energy by decreasing the net pressure level.
- It will decrease the leakage value about 13% to decrease the pressure from 7 to 6 bar stable.
- Leakage consumption is about between 20-30%.
- It can be saved energy in various applications by decreasing the pressure.
In the direct start or star-delta start of electrical motors used in all reciprocating, screw compressors and other machines uses 6-7 times overload current. The electrical grid can be affected by this sudden load and this can lead to sudden voltage drops. In order to prevent these changes, a soft starter is used providing a soft start to the electrical motor and at the same time eliminating star-delta connections. With this optional feature, the lifespan of the electric motors is increased and the sudden changes in the network are prevented.
It is possible for all LKV type compressors to be made as water cooled. In compressors with this optional feature, using air/water and oil/water exchangers the cooling of air and oil is provided. In this system applied by using body / tube type or plate type heat exchangers, the compressors can be far more quiet as there are no fans. Moreover, as the temperature changes of water are lower in comparison with air, water cooled compressors can work more efficiently even in hot, tropical countries. Cooling tower or chiller is used to cool the water. Actuated valves and flow switches are used for the control of water flow in the compressor water circuit. With the integration to the air/water and air/oil production processes, it can become a heat exchanger.
In our LKV-mi type Screw air compressors, according to customer demand and order, a thermostatic controlled oil heating resistance keeping the oil in the separator tank at +40 ºC is placed to prevent the compressor oil from freezing in extremely cold weather and to prevent damage to the screw block at start up and at the same time to ensure the compressor reaches load quickly. Another advantage of the oil heater is while preventing condensation which can occur in the system in the winter months, it will also protect against corrosion which can occur in the compressor.